Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Program Development Coordinator
The Program Development Coordinator is an integral member of CNFA’s New Business Development team contributing to the business development process and the production of winning proposals that enable the organization to grow organically and strategically.
- Closely monitoring the proposal process from capture and release to submission, liaising with staff and partners to ensure adherence to deadlines and quality standards for deliverables;
- Thoroughly reviewing solicitation documents and supporting the creation of comprehensive outlines, compliance matrices, and calendars to guide proposal preparation;
- Organizing and helping to facilitate proposal planning meetings with staff and partners, including ensuring all meeting logistics are in place and IT equipment is working in advance;
- Supporting recruitment for proposals, including preparation of scopes of work and posting ads; screening CVs and tracking candidate comparison worksheets; ensuring collection of personnel documentation; and strengthening content of CVs through desk research and interviewing candidates; and formatting CVs;
- Supporting the team to collect and compile support documents for proposals;
- Supporting proposal production, paying close attention to detail for copy editing, formatting, and ensuring consistency of language and presentation in accordance with CNFA quality standards for internal reviews and final submission;
- Taking ownership of cost proposal completion and production;
- Assisting writing teams with desk research and drafting proposal sections as agreed;
- Organizing logistics for and providing support to consultants, and processing their paperwork;
- Developing relationships with consultants and international and local partners for live proposals and conducting research to identify partners where proposal teams identify gaps;
- Coordinating with partners on PTAs/TAs for proposal inputs and tracking them as appropriate;
- Drafting capacity statements and other documents to support marketing and positioning of CNFA for identified opportunities;
- Supporting country- or regional-portfolio management to identify and track opportunities including participating in regular discussions with field teams to identify upcoming opportunities; conducting competitive analysis and technical research for upcoming opportunities; and identifying potential staff and partners for upcoming opportunities;
- Representing CNFA at conferences, workshops, meetings, and other industry gatherings; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- At least one year of experience in proposal preparation or related professional experience required;
- Two or more years of relevant international development or other relevant long-term experience highly desirable;
- Experience working and living in a developing country desired;
- Ability to travel internationally;
- Current US work authorization required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.